Abandoned Pennsylvania Turnpike

From WikiWoof
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Pennsylvania Turnpike opened in 1940 and was known as the ‘Tunnel Highway’ because of its seven tunnels, one tunnel through each mountain. The tunnels were originally constructed for the South Pennsylvania Railroad, this reduced travel through each tunnel to single lane traffic in both directions. Due to congestion from the tunnels, in 1968 a new 13 mile stretch of Turnpike was constructed to bypass some of the ‘Tunnel Highway’.

WooFDriver Inspired Website

To watch the videos on YouTube